Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tortellini & White Bean Soup + Link-Up!


Happy Tuesday and welcome to the very first Taste of Tuesday Link-Up!! We recently had a cold front come to Dallas - and by cold front, I mean it was in the 30's for a few days. Since the cold front ran through Dallas, Tyler and I wanted to make a soup while we still had the chance. I've had my eye on this recipe for a while now - it's from Giada de Laurentiis’ cookbook Everyday Pasta. I've seriously tabbed about 12 recipes from that book alone, but we'll start with this one! It's AH-MAZING!! The mixture of the tortellini, white beans, green chard and pancetta is absolute perfection. This soup was SO easy and perfect for a chilly day.

Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz pancetta, chopped
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chopped Swiss or red chard (I used green chard, since they didn't have Swiss)
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (9 oz) package fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)


Step 1: Chop the pancetta, carrots, shallots, garlic and chard.

Step 2: Heat a large pot on medium heat and add olive oil. Once heated, add the carrots, shallots, garlic and pancetta and cook for about 5 minutes or until pancetta is crispy; Stir occasionally.

Step 3: Add in beans, chard and chicken broth to the pancetta mixture and stir well. Bring to a boil over medium to high heat, then lower to a simmer. Add in fresh (or frozen) tortellini and cook for 5 minutes (8 if frozen).

Step 4: Season with ground black pepper and stir well.

Step 5: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!


Want to Join Us?! YAY! Just follow these simple steps: 
1. Follow Ashley and I.
2. Post a recipe, picture of your meal, favorite restaurant or anything food related! {Please link directly to your post, not your blog’s homepage}
3. Grab our button below and link back to our blogs.
4. Go meet some new friends and find some new recipes or restaurants to try!

 
Help us promote our new link up!  
Use the hash tag #tasteoftuesday on Instagram and Twitter and tag us! (IG: @ambarnhill and @jessicaselie) (Twitter @ambarnhill114 and @jessicaselie).  Oh! And if you tag us, we’ll re-tweet you! :)

Have a great day!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Yum! I actually have that cookbook! I think I tagged that one to make later too. Now I will definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giada's the best! It's a must try!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. So after looking at all your beautiful pictures, I decided I need your knife, haha! It looks so fancy! I need to make this asap! I love anything that has tortellini in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got the knife set at Bed Bath and Beyond.. we LOVE them! They're the Calphalon Katana Series!! :)

      Delete
  3. That looks wonderful. I need to make it soon! I live in Dallas too, and I am not liking this recent cold front! Where is summer?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for Dallas girls! I know - it was 80 yesterday and now freezing today! Only in TX.

      Delete
  4. This looks so yummy!! Glad I found your via Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to join in on the party! This recipe looks amazing! I love tortellini anything and everything so I will definitely be making this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your amazing blog. I finished this right now and thinking that it is the perfect recipe details that I was looking for .

    Tortellini recipes

    ReplyDelete