Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Taste of Tuesday: Sleep Slim Smoothie!

I don't know what it is, but lately I haven't been sleeping all that great. Maybe it's because Riley wakes us up every 2-hours, on the dot. Or maybe it's stress from work. Who knows! What I do know is that Dr. Oz's concoction has been working wonders! Not only does it help you sleep better, but it also boosts your metabolism while you're sleeping! Double score. Click here for all of the details on this delicious night-time smoothie.

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of Tart Cheery Juice
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of Soy milk
-  5 ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure Vanilla extract

Step 1: Combine cherry juice, soy milk, banana, vanilla extract and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Enjoy and sleep tight!
This smoothie is perfect after having a light dinner! I also use it as a meal replacement if I've had a late lunch. Hopefully it works as well for you as it does for me!
 
Want to Join Us?! YAY! Just follow these simple steps: 
1. Follow Ashley and I on Bloglovin'.
2. Post a recipe, picture of your meal, favorite restaurant or anything food related! {Please link directly to your post, not your blog’s homepage}
3. Grab our button below and link back to our blogs.
4. Go meet some new friends and find some new recipes or restaurants to try!


 Help us promote our new link up!  
Use the hash tag #tasteoftuesday on Instagram and Twitter and tag us! (IG: @ambarnhill and @jessicaselie) (Twitter @ambarnhill114 and @jessicaselie).  Oh! And if you tag us, we’ll re-tweet you! :)

Have a great day!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I have already added these items to my grocery list! Joey has had some serious issues sleeping recently so I'm going to make this and see if it helps! I think he'll take any suggestions at this point. Unlike me... who sleeps like a rock most nights, ha! I need my beauty rest I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laughed thinking about how Ashley once told me she does creepy stuff when she sleeps. Apparently she sleeps really hard! I'm like Joey, I can't ever sleep well!

      Delete
    2. HAHAHA! Yep, creepy sleeper over here! We had a HUGE thunderstorm last night and I went downstairs at 11 pm to whine to Joey that I couldn't sleep because the thunder/lightening woke me up. He just laughed at me because I was acting so ridiculous, haha!

      Delete
    3. We had a hugeee storm too and I was awake all night (go figure) but Ross slept like a rock!

      Delete
  2. YUM! You had me at the word smoothie. I am definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds really good! I don't have problems seeping, but I love cherries & smoothies, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay LOVE this idea! I don't know why I haven't heard of tart cherry juice but it looks delish, trying this week for sure. Glad you're sleeping better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cherries and bananas are my favorite, totally will add this to my smoothie recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I've never heard of this but I'm loving the idea! I usually sleep pretty good but Darren has trouble sleeping so I think I'll make this & see if it works for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have trouble sleeping too! Def going to give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WILL be trying this ASAP. My sleep schedule has been so out of whack, which means no gym, which means I'm not going to fit into my wedding dress. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that sounds great. and it's always good to have a sleep-aid (that's not medicine) on hand.

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally brilliant. I am super light sleeper, so I may have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pinned this! I'm definitely trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really tasty and I have been needed help shutting of the ole brain to get some shut eye.. I am going to give this a try..thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete