Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Papaw!

Today would have been my grandpa's 89th birthday! It's so hard to believe that he's been gone for almost 2-years. I've been missing him a lot lately and when I do I just think of "our" moon, his sweet and giving spirit and the encouragement he always gave me. I strive to be like him in more ways than one and I know he would be proud. I wanted to share some pictures... these always make me smile and are just what I need to brighten my day!

My grandma and grandpa.. absolutely LOVE these pictures!! Wasn't he just so handsome?!
My grandpa and I through the years! I was definitely his favorite grandchild.. and the only granddaughter - just saying!
Family get togethers!

Happy Birthday, Papaw!! Every time I see our moon, I think of you. I miss you more than words can say. I love you, MORE!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. He was handsome! It is always so sad yet happy to remember our grandparents that have passed. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your Papaw! I have a Papaw too. :) And I can definitely see the resemblance between you and your grandmother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love posts like theses :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww just tugged at my heart. Happy birthday Papaw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww :) I love looking at old pictures of my grandparents also.

    ReplyDelete